WHY ATTEND AVIATION CARBON 2019 ?
This year’s conference is being held at a pivotal time for airlines and aircraft operators as the first year of compulsory flight monitoring under the new global CORSIA scheme draws to a close, and as they prepare for their first cycle of reporting, verification and submission of emissions data to the competent authorities. It’s also a time when airlines and business jet operators must plan for purchasing and managing their carbon offset portfolios.
Airlines and operators are also increasingly aware of the important role of sustainable fuels and technology to help address the climate change concerns of their passengers, investors, policymakers and regulators.
In just two days, under one roof, you can learn and network with the world’s leading experts and your peers, to ensure you are highly informed and prepared to manage the challenges of CORSIA, EU ETS, and other environmental and climate challenges facing the industry! You might even wish to consider Aviation Carbon 2019 as a CORSIA knowledge / training programme paid from your training budget, and we can even provide you with a Certificate of Attendance too!
There will also be a free half-day workshop for registered airlines and business jet operators that will help them prepare for CORSIA reporting, verification and data submission which is due in early 2020.
KEY TOPIC AREAS FOR ‘AVIATION CARBON 2019’
• Progress at ICAO on the final implementation elements of CORSIA and what remains outstanding.
• How has the aviation sector fared during the first year of CORSIA CO2 emissions monitoring?
• Sustainable aviation fuel development: can it be accelerated, and how?
• What progress is there at UNFCCC on carbon market mechanisms, and will there be agreement by COP25?
• Have agreed ICAO sustainability criteria assured the environmental integrity of CORSIA?
• Carbon offsetting: what can be done to counter environmental criticisms and improve its public image?
• What has been the impact of soaring EU ETS carbon allowances upon airlines?
• Why are EU and other countries looking to impose further environmental taxes on airlines?
• What is the future for the EU ETS and can it work alongside CORSIA?
• What will be the impact on aviation of Europe’s move to a 2050 zero emissions goal?
• What are the prospects for a global long-term aviation emissions reduction target in line with the Paris Agreement?
• Are aviation industry CEOs doing enough to demonstrate climate leadership?
CORSIA MRV workshop:
This free half-day workshop for airlines and business jet operators will help them prepare for CORSIA reporting, verification and data submission.
We offer large discounts for delegates who register early. We also provide group rates, just contact us to discuss your requirements and we’ll see what we can do!
|Registration Fees||Super Early Bird
|Airlines and other aircraft operators
(minimum 75% discount to full price!)
(airline associations, governments, civil servants, NGOs, academics)
|Commercial: Aviation suppliers and Carbon Sector
(carbon sector, MRO, fuel suppliers, verifiers, environmental consultants)
|Commercial: Finance, IT and Legal
(Legal, banking, finance, leasing companies, IT suppliers)
|Prices exclude UK VAT, currently 20%. We reserve the right to amend entry prices, special deals, offer validity periods, qualifying conditions without notification.|
|All registrations are subject to our Terms and Conditions of Registration and Sale|
We provide a high quality conference experience. Our delegate rates include generous hot buffet lunches with vegetarian, vegan and halal choices. We also offer coffee, tea and snack refreshment breaks including a light breakfast buffet and a great evening cocktail at the end of Day 1 – and all at a leading business class conference venue just minutes away from one of the world’s leading international airports!
The London Heathrow Marriott Hotel has won several awards for being one of the best business venues in London and Europe. We have negotiated a special rate of GBP 130 per night (including VAT) including a very generous self-service breakfast. There are limited rooms available for this great offer, so please ensure that you book early using our dedicated link below: